Saturday, January 6, 2007

Sexism in the Craft??

Sexism in the CraftBalance? Where? I see none in this so called balanced religion. Do get me wrong here. No that’s not a typo. I said do, get me wrong. I went looking for information on Aradia Since I wanted to start my own family Tradition. And what do I see??? I find information on Aradia alright. On how she only came down to teach women the Craft. Not men! It was accurate. All but that part. I edited it, so it would be 100% right. Men tend to be crapped on in the Craft.

Balanced?? Show me some. I see groups that sound great, and their for women only. I can see how they want to do that, and that’s fine. But when it comes down to shutting men out completely just for being men, how rude! I follow Aradia, but I don’t toss the God out. I honor Cernunnos. In my Coven there is no thought of difference if your male, or female. We accept both, as equals.

I joined a yahoo group, and I was the only male. But the thing is, they did not know I was a male until I was there for 2 weeks. They all liked me, thought I had great ideas. Until the day they asked if my husband knew if I was a Witch. I told them I was a guy, and the next thing I know, I’m banned from the group.

I send emails to Covens, and other groups wanting to reach out to other Pagans, most of them are women’s groups. Like this last group that is the Circle of Aradia. Do I expect to get an answer? No. I’m a guy wanting info about female groups. And after I sent the email I noticed on their site they didn’t seem male friendly. If the Craft is so balanced, then why do we have women’s groups that don’t allow men, and on that note, why are men so looked down on? Both are needed to create life. And don’t give me that life can now be created in tubes nonsense. Why can women take the man’s role in a ritual, but a man can’t take the woman’s role? Did the Lord, and Lady say that? Or is that just sexist bullcrap? Why? Tell me why? It should not be like this.

The Lord, and Lady did not say these things. We are not in balance right now. Once we can mange the true balance, then we can call the Craft religion, as a whole balanced. But as a hole we are not. As separate beings we can be balanced, but not as a whole.

I leave you with this thought: Are you in balance? If you’re a woman, Are you balanced? Do you know, and embrace your masculine side? But still have your feminine side? And if you are a man, do you embrace your feminine side? And still have your masculine side? And for both men, and women, do you accept both other men, and women? Or do you, look at them like they are weak, or under you? Do you? Do you? If you do, stop. Look at how the Lady, and Lord are. One is not higher then the other. Both are the same. They both need one another. They love one another. And we are their children. Loved by them, and protected buy them. Taut by them. And seen by them as equals. So let us not fight this battle of the sexes anymore. Let us come together as one religion. Many paths, but one people. Blessed be, one of the Lord, and Lady’s children.


©All rights reserved The words expressed here are the sole property of Elder RavenFire, and The Coven of the Moon Goddess and may not be copied, reused or reposted without the express written consent of Elder RavenFire, and The Coven of the Moon Goddess