Sunday, January 7, 2007

Freaks, geek's, losers, and etc.

   Why do we call people these names? And other curel titles? We have major problems when it comes to people being different then us. Even other people. Black people get it, gay people get it, and the smart people get it to. And yes, if your not a christian, you get it. Let me tell you about when I went to school how I was treated.

 

   I was the kid that had glasses, kinda on the big side, at least until high school. Anyway. I didn't have the newest clothes, or even someday's I had to where the same clothes again. And when other kids would see this they would take the time to point out to me that I just had that shirt on the day before. Like I did not already know that. And my didn't have money to go on field trips, and when other kids seen this, they knew that I came from a poor family. I was harrassed all the time in middle school.

 

   Why did it start in middle school? My days in elementary school were filled with good friends, and good times. We hardly ever had trouble. We were young, and thought we all were the same. Which we were. We didn't care who had the best clothes, or who had the best hair. Or even what faith we were. we just chased each other, and laughed.

 

   It was during middle school when those words came out. "freak" "Nerd" "Geek" "Loser" And it was then I realized my world would never be the same again. the people I knew as friends, acted like I never even existed.

 

   I felt alone when I walked down those halls. And It was not until my 4th year of high school. My 4th year was not my 12 grade year. Due to all the harassment, I wouldn't go to school, or I would just hide in the bathroom. At times, it got to the point where I would get into a lot of fights. And I mean a lot of fights.

 

   It is sad that we need these words to give people who are different then us titles. Theses titles do not need to be given out. They hurt, and can cause a lot of damage. And if the kids(Teens) getting harassed tell teachers, it only gets worst. And even out side of school. The work place, and even in parks, and area's of parks, and recreation.

 

   Just imagen a world if people were all the same. No different people to offer idea's. We would all be the same. We all wear the same clothes. Listen to the same music. Like the same T.V. shows, and movies. It'd be like stepping into the twilight zone. A dule, and twisted, sad place. Be glad that each of us are different. We sgould honor our differences.

   So, the next time you see someone who is different, either by looks, or whatever, instead of making that person(s) feel bad, make an effert to learn from them. Maybe it will help you grow, and shape who you are as well. Bright Blessings to you, Elder RavenFire.

 

©All rights reserved The words expressed here are the sole property of Elder RavenFire, and may not be copied, reused or reposted without the consent of Elder RavenFire.