Saturday, January 6, 2007

The harm none rule? Or not??

"To bless or curse with power friends or enemies (to do good or evil)".And now this brings up a very good point. What about the harm none rule? I think that now needs to be looked at under a fine tooth comb. And I just already happened to have done that! I've spent days, and many hours thinking about the harm none rule. I, and many other Witches look at it this way:

Eight words the Wiccan Rede fulfill, an it harm none, do what ye will.Yes, well, you can't harm yourself now can you? And you can't let others harm you, can you? And of you see a person harming another, will you just stand there and not do anything? If you said yes to any of these things: Yes I will harm myself, yes I will let others harm me, and yes when I see others getting harmed, I will take no action! Then you are in fact breaking the Harm none rule.

It is not harming someone of they are beating you to death. It is not harming someone if they are beating a helpless person. We in fact are even here to protect the weak, and the helpless. that is why we are told about curses, and hexes. Because sometimes they are needed."To bless or curse with power friends or enemies (to do good or evil)".Do I think doing evil to evil is really evil? No. Not if what you are doing is protecting someone. Or yourself.

Now if you do curse someone out of spite, or just because you don't like them, is evil. And to do so, you will get back what you send out three fold. Well, I also heard, seven, and ten fold to. Even when doing good, Karma works both ways. Whatever energy you send out, comes back to you, three fold, or seven, or ten. I have heard all three, and have yet to really find out which one it truly is. Maybe all three. But this is my take on hexes, and curses, and the Harm none rule.

©All rights reserved The words expressed here are the sole property of Elder RavenFire, and The Coven of the Moon Goddess and may not be copied, reused or reposted without the express written consent of Elder RavenFire, and The Coven of the Moon Goddess